Wednesday, July 26, 2006

This.Fucking.Monkey....

So my best friend from high school is having a baby, yea! The little bundle is due on Labor Day (haha, how appropriate) and mommy and daddy decided to decorate her room like a jungle. So, being the fabulous aunt I am, I decide that a really great present for the baby would be to knit a baby spider monkey. BABY spider monkey.

This thing is fucking huge. If I had made the MOMMY monkey, the bitch would've needed her own room! Just the body and the head is about 12"! I had no idea that it would be so huge, and it's taking me forever to do. I only have the arms and the tail left, other than the hands and face, which are small and not evilly difficult. But damn! The baby shower is in a week and a half, and I have to do it all by then.

Next time I decide to make a monkey, I think if I cut the pattern, it might work out. Although the spots where you increase and decrease might get screwed up.... Any knitters out there?

No comments: