Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fish whacking, and other funny office conversations....

My boss is pretty damn funny sometimes. I trust him about as far as I could throw his 6'5" ass, but he's funny none the less.

We're in the office today talking about one of our employees leaving to go work at Apollo College. We somehow get on the subject of people not getting out of your office (I think it was because I told them to get out of my office), and he starts talking about how he used to have this little wooden bat, like the kind you would use to whack a fish. HA! I didn't know fish whacking was a sport. So glad he's enlightened me.

So a little bit later (after I've finally stopped giggling), we have a contractor come up and ask to be shown space, but my boss needs to take him down because it's locked. That's totally fine. I call him and he comes out, and I explain what this nice gentleman needs, so my boss gets the key from me, and on their way out of the office, he drops this trade magazine on my desk with the single most dorky picture of a very homely man, with a not that he "wants to be my boyfriend."

I retaliate by finding another homely picture and writing that the first guy may want to be my boyfriend, but at least I didn't go on an extended fish whacking trip with the second guy. I finished it off by drawing a heart and writing Rob+Chip 4 Ever in it.

I don't have the greatest job, but it does have it's highlights.

What an HR nightmare we could be....

No comments: