Thursday, July 13, 2006

Nov. 17, 2005

What a stupid, long, infuriating day. I am surrounded by complete idiots, I swear it.

It leaves me to wonder where people like this come from. Caves? Crawford, Texas*? When did this seeming movement of anti-intellectualism (I don't actually know if that's a real word, but you know what I mean) become a good thing? When did being well read become a bad thing? When did the theatre become passe? When did ballet become something for 3 year old girls??

I look around me every day, and I can only say "fucking Americans. No wonder everyone else hates us." What's worse...I don't blame them for a single minute.

Do I love this country? You're damn right I do. But I am disappointed and embarrassed at it right now. I am embarrassed at the decisions America is making for not only it's own citizens, but around the world! I am embarrassed that so many of my countrymen won't stand up and shout from their rooftops "we want change!" I love my country, but I don't think I'd make the leap to say "I'm proud to be an American." Hopefully, one day, I can.

*For those in Crawford, this was a joke about how stupid G-Dubya is. If you're offended, then I am guessing you can't take a joke, which leads me to believe you're a Republican, which then leads me to not give a flying hell if I offended you anyway.

No comments: