Monday, September 24, 2007

I think it might be time for a national discussion on manners...

...and the general LACK of them!

You can't call me old fashioned, because I am far from it. I'm also not Ms. Manners, and expect crazy shit like knowing which is supposed to be the salad fork...but damn.

Please, thank you, and you're welcome are ALWAYS appreciated when you mean them.
Do not smack you gum, it is icky. Just don't.
Do not tell people trying to help you to hold on for your cell phone conversation. You stood in my line, now complete our transaction or move the fuck out of the way.
Do not let your children run around like evil little bulldozers.
Do not toss things at me. It's rude, don't do it. If my hand is out, you can hand it to me.
Do not hold up a busy line of people counting out $7 in dimes. It is totally inconsiderate.

Yeesh.

It amuses me that the average American doesn't get why people in other countries think of us as rude.

Its because we have no manners.

I REALLY don't think that is asking to much. Just common courtesy.

Come on. You can do it.

No comments: