Monday, August 28, 2006

What have I gotten myself into?!

So I signed up for school. I start September 12th, and should be on campus for about 8.5 months, and then have a 6-8 week externship. So by this time next year, I will be done. Yay, right?

Well, only kind of....

I took a $2/hr pay cut to go to a different position part time, as the job I am in now can't be a job share and must be full time. I am moving from 40 hours a week to 24. I will leave my house at 6:40am and get home around 6:40pm. I am missing out on time with Raya 2 hours a day, 3 days a week, and 1 hour, one day a week, so that will be really hard on both of us. I'm not even going to get into the student loans.

I know it's only for a short time, and really, it's not like I am doing this for 4 years, right?

This should be totally worth it, and give me something to do if I leave this city, other than tell prospective employers that yes, I have been a glorified secretary for 'x' years.

It really should be fine....

But that mountain in the distance looks pretty big from here....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! The time is going to fly by, and you are going to kick some ass!

I'll be here for every one of your vents along the way. :)